“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.”
– Paul J. Meyer
Employers frequently believe that hiring top talent will ensure success for their organizations and EctoHR, Inc. generally supports that notion! While talented employees likely have the most critical role, the work environment is a large contributor as well. Managers must create an atmosphere that encourages efficiency and productivity from their employees in order to maximize their potential.
Below are 5 key elements EctoHR believes every productive workplace should have:
- Cluttered minds, work areas, and shared drives create distractions and inefficiencies for employees.
- In order to stay focused and on track, EctoHR utilizes formal electronic and physical filing and organization systems that all staff must follow. This allows the entire team to locate documents intuitively and consistently at a moment’s notice.
- Supporting and encouraging change and continuous improvement throughout the organization avoids monotony, improves morale, and avoids doing things “this way because we have always done them that way!”
- Cross training helps the Company and its employees at the same time, as employees become skilled in areas outside of their current responsibilities. The Company then enjoys the benefits of more well-rounded people and a contingency plan in the event of employee turnover or leave of absence.
- Creating accountability allows employees to own their work and stay productive. Accountability does not come merely from talking about it, however, and requires systems that support it.
- EctoHR conducts quarterly employee development and accountability meetings where managers and employees collaborate to establish goals and action items. Employees are then held accountable for their progress, which is evaluated in future reviews.
- For increased accountability, we focus on SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely).
- Rewarding employees, especially when critical goals have been met, is a great way to show appreciation and to encourage targeted behavior. From verbal praise to well-crafted emails, the little things go a long way.
- When it comes to a team-based environment, like EctoHR, Company or team-wide recognition and rewards really support the overall corporate culture and sense of “we are all in it together!”
- Even the most productive employees can be undermined by inadequate equipment or tools.
- Make sure that your employees have everything they need to get their daily tasks completed efficiently, such as well-performing laptops, enough bandwidth, updated software, and smart phones/devices that fit with the requirements of their performing work in the field.
If you would like to learn more about how we have implemented Productivity & Efficiency Best Practices in our office, please contact one of our team members at 810.534.0170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.